Many of our customers require 2D CAD for layouts/electrics. There are many applications where 2D is more suitable and that is the reason we launched 4M 2D CAD
4M is a well-known business in the architectural sector with a full range of architectural 3D CAD / BIM with different modules for each of the MEP sectors of the building industry.
Coming soon Mintronics will launch this range IDEA and FINE MEP range including the HVAC module.
4M 2D CAD new release information
4MCAD v.21: New Features and Commands
I. Highlights for 4MCAD PRO v.21
Interoperability – working with files
· PDF to CAD conversion (DWG file)
· Import Revit files (RFA and RVT format files)
· Import and export IGES format files
· Import and export STEP format files
New BIM entities/objects
· ADT Objects (architectural desktop objects): Creates ADT walls, openings (windows, doors), curtain walls, stairs, ramps, roofs, rails, studs, joists etc
· Conversion of entities to walls and slabs.
· Steel Elements: creates steelwork elements: profiles, plates, bolts, studs, joists etc.
· Wood Elements: creates woodwork elements.
· Creation of elevation lines and section lines.
3D Solid Modelling
· Conversion of entities to three-dimensional meshes or surfaces using the Convert to Mesh and Convert to Surface commands.
· Facet Modeler to draw these 3D entity types: box (FMBOX), cone (FMCONE), cylinder (FMCYLINDER), pyramid (FMPYRAMID), sphere (FMSPHERE), and torus (FMTORUS).
· Draw construction lines using the new Construction Line command.
· FM3DCONVERT and FMEXTRUDE commands to convert more types of three-dimensional entities to other types of three-dimensional entities.
· Editing of the 3D entities of the new Facet Modeler: 3D convert (FM3DCONVERT), extrude (FMEXTRUDE), intersect (FMINTERSECT), revolve (FMREVOLVE), subtract (FMSUBTRACT), and union (FMUNION).
II. General New Features for 4MCAD v.21
(Applied to all versions - 4MCAD Classic, 4MCAD Standard and 4MCAD PRO)
Latest DWG format
· Read/Write to Autocad2018 format (previous version 19 had only the Read function)
· Tool Palette (acad-like Tool Palette)
· Ribbon menus & menu bar interface, both together at the same time.
· “Save Workspace”command (WSSAVE)for saving a workspace and its settings.
· “Close All Others” command (CLOSEALLOTHER) to close all drawing windows except the current one.
· Other improvements: Quick CUI command, Right-click a drawing tab to see options for the tab, Cursor Types (regular, gunsight and XOR when overlapping a same color area), etc
Blocks and External references
· New command Convert Block to XRef to convert each occurrence of a selected block to an external reference.
Selecting and modifying entities
· Selection Filter command to display the Selection Filter pane (allowing to filter and select entities by layer, color, entity type, and line typegunsight and).
· Selection Cycling tab to specify how to select when selecting entities that overlap.
· Overkill command to delete or combine duplicate or overlapping entities.
· View and select a range of actions on the Undo/Redo toolbar
· Thicken command to convert surfaces and meshes into three-dimensional solids with a specified thickness (4MCAD PRO).
· Additional grips and properties to polygons, rectangles and break lines, for smart editing.
· New CAMERA command to create and modify view settings for a drawing.
· Work with multiline text using right-to-left fonts.
· Create additional types of lists for multiline text.
· Resize text using the Scale Text command.
· Draw a circle, rectangle, or dashed line around text using the Enclose Text with Shape command.
· Position text within a defined space using the Text Fit command.
· Export Layout to Model (.dwg)
· Publish drawings to DWF and DWFx.
· Auto Publish command to automatically create electronic files (.dwf/.pdf) from the current drawing.
· .NET wrappers for architectural objects.
· Load IRX applications automatically in IntelliCAD via the registry.
· Improved performance when snapping to .pdf files, blocks with many nested entities and point clouds.
· Zoom and Pan, 3 times faster for clipped external references.
· Opening external reference files much faster.
· Improved performance when selecting by the window.
· Incremental saving of .dwg files is supported, providing much faster saving of large .dwg files that contain only a few changes.
· New system variables: AECAUTOUPDATE, AUTOMATICPUB, AUTOPUBLISHPATH, BLOCKEDITLOCK, CROSSHAIRMODE, OVERKILL MODE, OVERKILLTOLERANCE, OVERKILLTOLARCCHORD, OVERKILLTOLARCENDPOINT, REFPATHTYPE, SELECTIONCYCLING, SJTABTINDEX, TASKBAR, WOODTABINDEX, and XREFNOTIFY.